I recently received a food processor for my birthday. I had often seen recipes that required one, but sadly had to pass. Now I wish I had taken notes, because I was so eager to make something but didn’t know where to start! So I looked it up on Pinterest, duh! Food processor recipes. And I found this one from fitmittenkitchen and decided to give it a try. Personally I am not a big fan of chocolate (weird, I know), but my husband loves chocolate and is therefore more likely to eat these (even though they are healthy muahahaha). These are so quick and easy!
- 1 cup dates
- 1.5 cups nuts
- 1 cup chocolate
- Soak the dates in warm water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Throw the dates and the nuts (any combination of nuts you like). In the food processor and process until the nuts are in tiny pieces and the mixture is sticky.
- Line an 8 by 8 pan with parchment paper, press the mixture firmly into the pan.
- Melt the chocolate (milk or dark, whatever you prefer). I used the microwave.
- Pour the chocolate over the nut mixture and spread evenly with a spatula. (
- Optional: sprinkle with a little sea salt.
- Put in the freezer for 10 minutes of fridge for 20. Cut into bars and enjoy!
- Store in fridge or freezer.
I told you it was easy!
Adapted from http://www.fitmittenkitchen.com